2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1489
From Wesleyan Discipline
1489. There may be a district director of children’s ministries elected by the district board of administration. The district director of children’s ministries shall be a nonvoting member of the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1090:9). The term of service, amenability, and other regulations as a district departmental officer are set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1275-1292. The duties of the district director of children’s ministries are:
- (1) To promptly report the election to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship, and to cooperate with the same to promote, highlight and resource local churches within the district.
- (2) To serve as a member of the district spiritual formation leadership team and to work with that team for a coordinated program of all the various phases of spiritual formation throughout the district (cf.2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1452; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1455:1).
- (3) To work with pastors and local children’s ministries directors in establishing and maintaining effective children’s ministries.
- (4) To be responsible for district children’s ministries events or activities and to arrange for informational displays at the district conference, camp meeting, summer camps, and other district gatherings.
- (5) To submit an annual report to the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13) regarding official activities and progress of children’s ministries within the district and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf.2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1288).
- (6) To perform such other duties related to children’s ministries as may be assigned by the district conference, the district board of administration, or the district spiritual formation leadership team.