2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1494
From Wesleyan Discipline
1494. There may be a district director of adult ministries elected by the district conference or appointed by the district board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:35f; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1175:2). The district director of adult ministries shall be a nonvoting member of the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1090:9). The term of service, amenability, and other regulations as a district departmental officer are set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1275-1292. The duties of the district director of adult ministries are:
- (1) To promptly report the election to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship, and to cooperate with the same to promote, highlight and resource local churches within the district.
- (2) To serve as a member of the district spiritual formation leadership team and to work with that team for a coordinated program of all the various phases of spiritual formation throughout the district (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1452; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1455:1).
- (3) To work with pastors and local adult ministries directors in establishing and maintaining effective adult ministries.
- (4) To be responsible for district adult ministries events or activities and to arrange for informational displays at the district conference, camp meeting, summer camps, and other district gatherings.
- (5) To submit an annual report to the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13) regarding official activities and progress of adult ministries within the district and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf.2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1288).
- (6) To perform such other duties related to adult ministries as may be assigned by the district conference, the district board of administration, or the district spiritual formation leadership team.