2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 3033
3033. Granting a District Ministerial License. A member who meets the leadership qualifications (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:260–268; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:558) of The Wesleyan Church who confesses a call of God to be a minister (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3000–3006), may be granted a district ministerial license by meeting the following requirements in order:
- (1) Membership in a local Wesleyan church within the district granting the license.
- (2) Satisfactory service as a ministerial student in The Wesleyan Church for at least one year.
- (3) Certificate from the Ministerial Study Course Agency showing completion of the courses adopted as being prerequisites for licensing (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:6410; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3170:1–4; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3210).
- (4) Recommendation from the local church conference to the district conference for a district ministerial license (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:655:8).
- (5) Readiness to accept the district conference’s appointment to active service in one of the categories listed in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3250–3335; to pursue the studies with all diligence until completed; to prepare for ordination; and to give oneself wholly to the ministry.
- (6) Examination by the district board of ministerial development (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1390:1) relative to the qualifications for the ministry and for a district ministerial license (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3000–3006; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3033:1–5), including a personal religious experience, ministerial call, and evidence thereof, matters of education, doctrine, and practice, and circumstances of personal, family, and business life which bear upon the ministry; and subsequent recommendation by the district board of ministerial development to the district conference for the granting of a district ministerial license (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1390:5).
- (7) Recommendation by the district board of administration for immediate appointment to one of the categories of service listed in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3250–3335.
- (8) Adoption by the district conference of the separate recommendations of the district board of ministerial development (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3033:6) and of the district board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3033:7).
- (9) Issuance and signing of the license by the district superintendent and the district secretary (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:6260; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1310:26; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1332:4).