2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 3117

From Wesleyan Discipline
Revision as of 16:01, 30 October 2022 by Seedthrower (talk | contribs) (1 revision imported)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

3117. If a Wesleyan minister shall engage to serve another denomination, or an interdenominational or independent work, as a pastor or in some other regular capacity, except by permission of the district conference, or in the interim of its sessions, by permission of the district board of administration, the district board of administration may recommend and the district conference may order that the minister be declared withdrawn. If serving within the territory of a district other than the one to which the minister belongs, the minister must have not only the permission of the district in which membership is held, but also the permission of the district superintendent over the territory where labor is proposed (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1310:29). An ordained minister serving outside The Wesleyan Church with the permission of the district in which membership is held shall be placed either on the appointed list in the category of interchurch service (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3335) or special service (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3345) or listed as an ordained minister without appointment (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3380).