From Wesleyan Discipline
- (1) Membership in a local Wesleyan church within the district granting the license.
- (2) Satisfactory service as a ministerial student in The Wesleyan Church for at least one year.
- (3) Certificate from the Ministerial Study Course Agency showing completion of the courses adopted as being prerequisites for licensing (6410; cf. 3170:1–4; 3210).
- (4) Recommendation from the local church conference to the district conference for a district ministerial license (655:7-8).
- (5) Readiness to accept the district conference’s appointment to active service in one of the categories listed in 3250-3335; to pursue the studies with all diligence until completed; and to prepare for ordination; and to give oneself wholly to the ministry.