From Wesleyan Discipline
815. The church officers shall include all members of the local board of administration, and delegates to district conference who shall serve subject to the following regulations:
- (1) They must be members of the local Wesleyan church electing them (302:4; 558) and members who meet the leadership qualifications (260-268; 558).
- (2) They shall be elected by the local church conference at its annual session (315:5-7; 820-823). Vacancies occurring between annual sessions of the local church conference shall be filled for the unexpired term by the local board of administration.
- (3) They shall carry out their duties as given in The Discipline and as further defined by the local church conference and the local board of administration.
- (4) They shall be under the general supervision of the pastor, shall be amenable to the local church conference, and may be removed for cause or when the best interests of the church so require, by a majority vote of the local board of administration (752:1; 815:2; 825:4).