1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
- Lord Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints,
- for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
- for the living God.
3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
- and the swallow a nest for herself,
- where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
- Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
- they are ever praising you.
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
- whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
- they make it a place of springs;
- the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength,
- till each appears before God in Zion.
8 Hear my prayer, Lord God Almighty;
- listen to me, God of Jacob.
9 Look on our shield, O God;
- look with favor on your anointed one.
10 Better is one day in your courts
- than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
- than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
- the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
- from those whose walk is blameless.
12 Lord Almighty,
- blessed is the one who trusts in you.