From Wesleyan Discipline
- (26) Elect to ordination or for commissioning as a minister a candidate the district conference deems qualified (3070), after receiving a report from the district board of ministerial development (1390:5) which shall be acted upon as a separate item of business.
- (27) Grant a license, commission, recognition, or restoration, in keeping with the requirements of The Discipline, after receiving the report and recommendations from the district board of ministerial development (1390:5), as follows:
- (a) A recognition as ordained minister in process of transfer to an ordained minister being received from another denomination (3104), and a recognition as an ordained minister of The Wesleyan Church in full standing when all requirements have been met (3104:4-5).
- (b) A district ministerial license, the granting of which shall become effective when the person receives appointment as set forth in 3033:7 and 3040:3 (1180:24c; 1233:10).
- (c) A recognition of a commissioned or licensed minister being received from another denomination as in process of transfer (3104) and a recognition of such commissioned or licensed ministers in full standing when all requirements are met (3104).
- (d) A license as a ministerial student for those who are qualified (3015:1; 3350).
- (e) A license or commission as special worker, designating the particular ministry (3450-3480), or a recognition of a commissioned special worker or the equivalent thereof in process of transfer from another denomination, and subsequent recognition as a commissioned special worker in full standing when all requirements have been met (3470).
- (f) A commission as lay missionary (3490).
- (g) Any other license or commission as shall be authorized by The Discipline.
- (h) The restoration or reinstatement of ordination, commission, or license as set forth in 3120–3124; 3480; Gen. Bd. Policy on Ch. Disc. 5230-5248 (1390:4).