B. Assistant District Superintendent(s)
1320. A district shall have one or more assistant district superintendents as determined by majority vote of the district conference. The office shall be filled from among the ordained ministers of the district upon nomination by the district superintendent and election by the district board of administration. One of the assistant district superintendents shall be designated to serve as the vice-chair of the district board of administration and will serve on the executive committee of the district board of administration. The qualifications, term of office, amenability, and other regulations are those of a district official as set forth in 1255-1272.
1323. The duties of the assistant district superintendent(s) are to:
- (1) Serve as member and vice-chair (cf.1320) of the district board of administration, presiding over the board whenever the district superintendent is not present or when appointed to do so by the district superintendent (1221).
- (2) Convene the district board of administration in times of emergency when the district superintendent is not able to act (1215; 1320).
- (3) Assist the district superintendent and to serve as a representative of the district superintendent to local churches or district organizations as the superintendent may request.
- (4) Perform such other duties as may be required by the district conference or the district board of administration.
- (5) Report annually to the district conference concerning all official duties (1180:12), and to the district board of administration as required.
1327. A district conference may choose to have one or more assistant district superintendent(s) as full-time district official(s), and shall further define the duties of the assistant district superintendent(s) in addition to those set forth in The Discipline.