From Wesleyan Discipline
1483. A district director of Sunday schools shall be elected by the district conference (1180:35e; cf. 1175:2), or these duties shall be assigned to the district director of spiritual formation (1180:37; 1463:3), unless the district conference by prior action has voted to authorize the district board of administration to appoint the district director of Sunday schools. The district director of Sunday schools shall serve on the district spiritual formation leadership team. The term of office, amenability, and other regulations as a district departmental officer are set forth in 1275-1292. The duties of the district director of Sunday schools are:
- (1) To promptly report the election or appointment to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship and to cooperate with the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship in implementing and promoting the plans and policies of the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division within the district.
- (2) Space reserved
- (3) To cooperate with and assist the pastors and local Sunday school superintendents in the organization and advancement of their Sunday schools according to the approved standard and in reaching the goals set by the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division and the district conference.
- (4) To keep a file of correspondence and other records and to submit it to the successor in office.
- (5) To submit an annual report to the district conference (1180:13) concerning official activities, and a complete statistical report for the Sunday schools; and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf. 1288).
- (6) To increase the personal qualifications and capacity for Sunday school and spiritual formation work by attending denominational and other approved spiritual formation conventions, conferences, and seminars, and through correspondence courses, and periodicals as time permits and opportunity affords.
- (7) To conduct any special Sunday school services or programs, or to arrange for promotional displays at the district conference, campmeeting, and other district gatherings.
- (8) To give leadership to the district program of family ministries and the coordination of local church family ministries in cooperation with the adult ministries program of the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division and the district director of adult ministries.
- (9) To perform such other duties in harmony with the other responsibilities of this office, as may be assigned by the district conference, the district board of administration or the district spiritual formation leadership team (cf. 1486).