2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1180:29
From Wesleyan Discipline
- (29) To grant a license, commission, recognition or restoration, in keeping with the requirements of The Discipline, after receiving the report and recommendations from the district board of ministerial development (1390:5), as follows:
- (a) A recognition as ordained minister in process of transfer to an ordained minister being received from another denomination (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3104), and a recognition as an ordained minister of The Wesleyan Church in full standing when all requirements have been met (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3104:4-5).
- (b) A district ministerial license, the granting of which shall become effective when the person receives appointment as set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3033:7 and 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3040:3 (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:26c; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:10).
- (c) A recognition of a commissioned or licensed minister being received from another denomination as in process of transfer (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3104) and a recognition of such commissioned or licensed ministers in full standing when all requirements are met (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3104).
- (d) A license as a ministerial student for those who are qualified (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3015:1; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3350).
- (e) A license or commission as special worker, designating the particular ministry (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3450-3480), or a recognition of a commissioned special worker or the equivalent thereof in process of transfer from another denomination, and subsequent recognition as a commissioned special worker in full standing when all requirements have been met (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3470).
- (f) A commission as lay missionary (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3490).
- (g) Any other license or commission as shall be authorized by The Discipline.
- (h) The restoration or reinstatement of ordination, commission or license as set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3120-3124; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3480; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:5230-5248 (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1390:4).