2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1240:I:A
From Wesleyan Discipline
A. APPOINTED ORDAINED MINISTERS
(2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3250-3390)
- 1. District Service.
- The district superintendent and other ordained ministers in full-time service of the district in a ministerial capacity (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3320; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1327; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1460).
- 2. Pastoral and Local Service.
- a. Ordained ministers appointed as pastors, associate or assistant pastors, or interim pastors within the district (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3255).
- b. Ordained ministers on loan to other districts of The Wesleyan Church for service as supply pastors (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3100:2; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3260:1).
- c. Ordained ministers appointed to serve in a local church spiritual formation or Christian education program (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3310:2).
- 3. Evangelistic Service.
- a. Associate general evangelists. Ordained ministers appointed as associate general evangelists (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3270; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3280).
- b. General evangelists. Ordained ministers appointed as general evangelists (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3270; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3275; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3285:1)
- c. Reserve evangelists. Ordained ministers appointed as reserve evangelists (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3270; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3275; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3285:2).
- 4. Denominational Service.
- a. Ordained ministers elected by the General Conference or General Board as general officials (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1800; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3320).
- b. Ordained ministers employed at the World Headquarters, or those elected or employed by the board of directors of a general subsidiary corporation other than an educational institution, for full-time General Church service in a ministerial capacity as set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3320.
- c. Ordained ministers appointed by the General Board for service in a ministerial capacity as missionaries or workers under the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division or Global Partners Division as set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3300.
- d. Ordained ministers employed to serve in a ministerial capacity on the administrative staff or faculty of a general educational institution of The Wesleyan Church (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:2365) or one of the seminaries approved by the Wesleyan Seminary Foundation (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:2382).
- e. Ordained ministers traveling and teaching in local churches and districts without a specific or pastoral assignment as itinerant Bible teachers (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3310:3).
- 5. Chaplains (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3330).
- Ordained ministers approved by the Committee on Chaplains and commissioned by the government as military chaplains, or employed as full-time professional institutional chaplains.
- 6. Interchurch Service (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3335).
- Ordained ministers employed in a ministerial capacity in interchurch service, serving with an educational, evangelistic or missionary organization not directly related to The Wesleyan Church, provided such service is approved by the district conference.
- 7. Special Service (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3345).
- Ordained ministers serving in active ministry not otherwise provided for, if such service is approved by the district conference.
- 8. Affiliate Church Pastor (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3346; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:7010).
- Ordained ministers appointed by the district conference to service on staff of an affiliate church.