2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1335-1337
D. District Treasurer
1335. The district treasurer shall be elected by the district conference, by ballot and by majority vote (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1175:1; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:33), unless the district conference by prior action has voted to authorize the district board of administration to appoint the district treasurer. If the district conference authorizes the district board of administration to appoint or employ the district treasurer, said appointment shall take place at the organizing session of the district board of administration immediately after the rise of the annual district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1209:2). The district treasurer shall serve as an ex officio member of the district board of administration and shall be a voting member of the district conference. Said treasurer’s qualifications, term of office, amenability, and other regulations are those of a district official as defined in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1255-1272.
1337. The duties of a district treasurer are:
- (1) To serve as a member of the district board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1203), and, when such has been authorized, as a member of the district conference action committee (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1165).
- (2) To be bonded to the amount set by the district board of administration, the cost of which shall be paid by the district (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:18).
- (3) To have custody of all district funds, unless otherwise provided for by The Discipline; to receive, record, hold, and disburse such funds in keeping with the financial plans of the General Conference and the district conference and as directed by the district board of administration.
- (4) To receive, record, and hold all USF funds for the General Church raised within the district and to remit such funds monthly to the General Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer on the approved forms.
- (5) To serve as a district director of stewardship, promoting stewardship and storehouse tithing on the district level, in cooperation with the General Superintendent.
- (6) To prepare and submit to the district board of administration, or to another committee if such has been designated by the district conference, a recommended plan to provide for the raising of the district obligation to the United Stewardship Fund, designating the amount to be assigned to each local church as its share of the district obligation, in accord with the regulations for the United Stewardship Fund (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:2015); which plan, as approved by the proper board or committee, shall be presented to the district conference for adoption (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:16; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:11; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1165-1168); and to promptly notify the General Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer of the district USF obligation on forms provided by the General Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:2015:2).
- (7) To submit all records and funds for an annual audit, after the close of the fiscal year, as provided for in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1340, and at any other time as may be requested by the district board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:19).
- (8) To submit a complete financial report of all funds administered or attended to by the district treasurer, to each regular session of the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13); to submit reports to the district board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:12), the district superintendent and the General Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer as they may require.
- (9) To perform such other duties as may be required by the district conference or the district board of administration and as pertain to this office.