2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1426
1426. A district director of evangelism and church growth shall be elected by the district conference (unless the district conference by prior action has voted to authorize the district board of administration to appoint the district director of evangelism and church growth, 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:35; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1175:2), and is an ex officio member of the district board of evangelism and church growth (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1416). The term of office, amenability, and other requirements as a district departmental officer are set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1275-1292. The duties of the district director of evangelism and church growth are:
- (1) To report the election or appointment promptly to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship and to cooperate with the same in promoting the interests of general evangelism and church growth; and likewise to promote the interests of the district program of evangelism and church growth.
- (2) To make a general plan of activities for the year and submit it to the district board of administration for approval.
- (3) To assist the district superintendent in arranging for visitation within the district by representatives of the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division.
- (4) To assist the district superintendent in planning and conducting special services in the interests of general or district evangelism and church growth at the district conference or camp meeting; to arrange for promotional displays and the distribution of literature at district or zone meetings.
- (5) To assist pastors in promoting evangelism and church growth in the local churches.
- (6) To promote membership in the Church Builders’ Club.
- (7) To keep a record of activities, reports, and correspondence and to submit it to the successor in office.
- (8) To submit an annual report of official activities to the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13), including a financial report of expenses and a report of what has been accomplished in the district for general and district evangelism and church growth, a copy of which shall be forwarded to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship; and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1288).
- (9) To perform other duties in the interest of general and district evangelism and church growth as may be required by the district conference, the district board of administration or the district board of evangelism and church growth.