2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1463
From Wesleyan Discipline
1463. The duties of a district director of spiritual formation shall be (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1460):
- (1) To promptly report the election or employment to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship, and the Executive Director of Education and Clergy Development, and to cooperate with them in implementing and promoting the policies and programs of the general divisions within the district.
- (2) To serve as the executive secretary of the district board of spiritual formation, if so appointed by the district board of administration (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1440-1443), helping to coordinate the total program of spiritual formation within the district, and serving as a resource person in advising and assisting the various discipleship leaders in their particular phase of the work.
- (3) To assume, as assigned by the district conference, the duties of the district director of adult ministries, the district director of youth ministries, the district director of children’s ministries, the district director of leadership training, the district educational director, and the promotional duties of the district WY director/president.
- (4) To visit the churches of the district in such order and manner as the district superintendent shall approve, assisting pastors, Sunday school superintendents, children’s ministries directors, WY presidents, adult ministry directors, and other discipleship leaders.
- (5) To serve as director of the summer camping program to the extent recommended by the district spiritual formation leadership team and approved by the district board of administration (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1455:4).
- (6) To promote the interests of the general educational institutions within the area, helping to recruit students and to promote the raising of funds.
- (7) To submit an annual report of official activities to the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13), including a financial report of expenses and a report of what has been accomplished by the district for spiritual formation, a copy of which shall be forwarded to the Executive Directors of Church Multiplication and Discipleship and Education and Clergy Development; and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1288).
- (8) To keep a file of correspondence and other records, and to submit the same to the successor in office.
- (9) To perform other duties in the interests of spiritual formation as may be assigned by the district conference, the district board of administration or the district spiritual formation leadership team.