2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 1486
1486. A district conference may elect a district director of leadership training (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:35f; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1175:2), or the district conference may assign these duties to the district director of spiritual formation (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:35e; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1463:3). If the district does not have a district director of spiritual formation and also chooses not to have a district director of leadership training, the duties of the district director of leadership training shall be assigned by the district conference to the district spiritual formation or Sunday school director (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1483:9). The district director of leadership training shall be a member of the district adult ministries team. The term of office, amenability, and other regulations as a district departmental officer are set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1275-1292. The duties of the district director of leadership training are:
- (1) To be responsible for the district program of leadership training under the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division; to report at once after the election to the Executive Director of Church Multiplication and Discipleship and to cooperate with the same in the implementation and promotion of leadership training within the district.
- (2) To be certified as a director of leadership training.
- (3) To formulate plans with the district spiritual formation leadership team for leadership training rallies, institutes, conventions or seminars on a district, zone or local church level; and to submit such plans to the district spiritual formation leadership team for review and coordination (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1455:1) and subsequently to the district board of administration for approval (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1452).
- (4) To assist pastors and local church directors of Christian education in conducting classes or setting up effective programs of leadership training in the local church.
- (5) To keep a permanent record of correspondence and other plans and to submit them to the successor in office.
- (6) To conduct any special services or to arrange for promotional displays on leadership training at the district conference, camp meeting, and other district gatherings.
- (7) To submit an annual report to the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:13) regarding all official activities and the progress of leadership training within the district, including a statistical report; and to submit other reports as may be requested (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1288).
- (8) To perform such other duties, in harmony with the other responsibilities of this office, as may be assigned by the district conference, the district board of administration or the district spiritual formation leadership team.