2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 2362
From Wesleyan Discipline
2362. Ultimate authority over the educational institutions of The Wesleyan Church rests with the General Conference (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1590:13). In practice this authority is delegated to the General Board and consists of the following:
- (1) Authority, by two-thirds vote, to establish, merge or dissolve an educational institution, or to enter into a cooperative agreement with other persons/groups of like theological and behavioral commitment in the ownership and operation of an educational institution.
- (2) Authority to provide for and deal with all matters pertaining to charters and bylaws.
- (3) Provision for boards of control in keeping with 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:340:2.
- (4) The adoption and revision of such Standards of the General Board for Educational Institutions as the General Board shall deem to be wise.
- (5) The General Board is not empowered or authorized to contravene, override or set aside a decision of a college board of trustees except as is provided and specifically stated in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:2362:1-4.