2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 3015:1
From Wesleyan Discipline
- (1) Ministerial Student. A member who meets the leadership qualifications (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:260–268; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:558) of The Wesleyan Church who confesses a call to be a minister (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3000–3006) may be granted a license as a ministerial student by meeting the following requirements in order:
- (a) Membership in a local Wesleyan church within the district granting the license.
- (b) Recommendation from the local church conference or the local board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:655:8) to the district conference for license as a ministerial student.
- (c) Readiness to pursue studies with all diligence until completed, to prepare for ordination, and to give oneself wholly to the ministry in The Wesleyan Church when studies are completed.
- (d) Examination by the district board of ministerial development (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1390:2) relative to qualifications for ministry (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3000–3006) including a personal religious experience, ministerial call, and evidence thereof, and its recommendation to the district conference for the granting of the license (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1390:5).
- (e) Enrollment in the Ministerial Study Course Agency and in a program of ministerial education approved by the district board of ministerial development.
- (f) Recommendation by the district board of administration for appointment as a ministerial student (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3350:2) and its adoption by the district conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:26c; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:10c; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1390:2).
- (g) Issuance and signing of the license by the district superintendent and the district secretary (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:6260).