2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 3033:1–5
From Wesleyan Discipline
- (1) Membership in a local Wesleyan church within the district granting the license.
- (2) Satisfactory service as a ministerial student in The Wesleyan Church for at least one year.
- (3) Certificate from the Ministerial Study Course Agency showing completion of the courses adopted as being prerequisites for licensing (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:6410; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3170:1–4; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3210).
- (4) Recommendation from the local church conference to the district conference for a district ministerial license (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:655:8).
- (5) Readiness to accept the district conference’s appointment to active service in one of the categories listed in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:3250–3335; to pursue the studies with all diligence until completed; to prepare for ordination; and to give oneself wholly to the ministry.