2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 518:7
From Wesleyan Discipline
- (7) An established church may be reclassified by the district conference or the district board of administration as a developing church if such is recommended by the district superintendent and:
- (a) If its membership drops to twenty or fewer (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1180:24; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:1233:30; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:5320); or
- (b) If no new converts and/or believers’ baptisms have been reported by the church within the previous two years; or
- (c) If no intentional investment of financial and human resources into the needs of those outside the church has been demonstrated within the two previous years; or
- (d) If it ceases to meet one or more of the other conditions set forth in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:518:2–5 (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:4670).