2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 692
From Wesleyan Discipline
692. Procedure of Pastoral Voting. In all matters related to voting on securing or retaining a pastor, the following regulations shall be observed:
- (1) All pastoral votes shall be taken at a duly announced session of the local church conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:630-633).
- (2) The district superintendent, or a representative appointed by the district superintendent, shall preside over the local church conference for the taking of the pastoral vote. If neither can be present, the vice-chair of the local board of administration shall preside.
- (3) All pastoral votes shall be taken by secret ballot by members with special provision for absentee ballots (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:695).
- (4) A favorable vote by a majority of members voting shall be required (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:705; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:718; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:720; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:722).
- (5) The minister shall be notified by the local board of administration of the results of the vote,
- (6) If the vote is favorable, the minister shall notify the local board of administration and the district superintendent by phone and in writing of a decision within seven days following the official notification of such call by the local church.