2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 782:27–31
From Wesleyan Discipline
- (27) To fill all vacancies occurring in those offices elected by the local church conference, in the interim of its annual sessions, and all vacancies occurring in offices elected by the local board of administration; and to provide for the filling of vacancies in the auxiliaries in keeping with their respective constitutions.
- (28) To direct the local board of trustees in the maintenance of church property, the signing of notes and mortgages and the attending to all legal matters connected with the church, in keeping with the requirements of local laws (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:4510), and The Discipline (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:850-859; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:4500-4720; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:4760); or if trustee responsibility is delegated to the local board of administration by the local church conference, to care for such matters.
- (29) To direct the local board of trustees to secure sufficient property and liability insurance to cover all buildings and vehicles owned and operated by the local church (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:856:8); or if trustee responsibility is delegated to the local board of administration by the local church conference, to care for such matters.
- (30) To recommend to the local church conference financial policies, and to administer such as are adopted (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:655:10). The local board of administration shall review all plans of support annually, adjusting salaries as advisable, recommending changes in the financial policies as necessary (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:746).
- (31) To recommend an annual budget to the local church conference, to assist the pastor in securing the money necessary to fund the adopted budget, and to authorize expenditures within the limits of the adopted budget (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:655:12; cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:865-868); or to assume, if such authority is delegated by the local church conference (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:655:12), authority to adopt the annual budget and authorize all expenditures within the limits of the budget and any expenditures not provided for in the annual budget; to provide for annual audits of all funds (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:863).