2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 825
From Wesleyan Discipline
825. Persons holding positions of service within the local church, other than those specifically designated as church officers in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:815, and including membership on committees, shall be governed by the following regulations:
- (1) They shall be members of the local Wesleyan church electing them.
- (2) They shall be elected annually by the local board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:782:23, 25), or as otherwise provided (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:880:7).
- (3) They shall carry out their duties as given in The Discipline and as further defined by the local church conference and local board of administration.
- (4) They shall be under the general supervision of the pastor, shall be amenable to the local board of administration, and may be removed for cause or when the best interests of the church so require, by a majority vote of the local board of administration.
- (5) Vacancies may occur by death, by cessation of membership in The Wesleyan Church, by resignation from office or by removal (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:825:4) and shall be filled for the unexpired term by the local board of administration.