2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 889
889. Spiritual Formation Director or Sunday School Superintendent. The local church conference, at its annual session, may elect by ballot, from among its members who meet the leadership qualifications (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:260–268; 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:558), a spiritual formation director or Sunday school superintendent (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:820–823), to serve for one year or until a successor is elected. The director or superintendent shall be an ex officio member of the local board of administration (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:752), unless the local church conference by prior action has voted to eliminate the spiritual formation director or Sunday school superintendent as an ex officio member of the local board of administration. General regulations concerning this office are given in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:815. The duties and powers of the spiritual formation director or Sunday school superintendent shall be:
- (1) To have executive supervision of the spiritual formation of the local church, administering its affairs in keeping with the provisions of 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:887.
- (2) To consult with the pastor and the spiritual formation leadership team, if there is such (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:903), on all major decisions.
- (3) To promote interest in and attendance in all spiritual formation endeavors.
- (4) To have immediate supervision of each spiritual formation session seeing that each age division and class has the necessary leaders and that order is maintained.
- (5) To counsel with the spiritual formation leaders and teachers about their work.
- (6) To make a full report of statistics and general information to the local board of administration quarterly, to the local church conference at each regular session, and to the Church Multiplication and Discipleship Division and the district spiritual formation director as required (cf. 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:895).