2016 Wesleyan Discipline: 960
From Wesleyan Discipline
960. The local board of administration may establish a committee on evangelism, composed of the pastor, the local director of evangelism, and such other members as the local board of administration shall elect. General regulations concerning membership on the committee are given in 2016 Wesleyan Discipline:825. The local board of administration shall assign such duties to the committee on evangelism as it deems best, including any or all of the following:
- (1) To promote the work of evangelism through the local church in accordance with the mission of The Wesleyan Church (2016 Wesleyan Discipline:100).
- (2) To organize, in cooperation with the pastor, the calling and visitation programs of the church.
- (3) To organize, in cooperation with the pastor, follow-up and discipleship programs for new converts.
- (4) To provide for and oversee, in cooperation with the local spiritual formation leadership team, the training of workers for outreach evangelism and discipleship ministries.
- (5) To make recommendations to the local board of administration concerning evangelistic services and to assist in promotion and conducting of such efforts.
- (6) To alert the church to its wider responsibilities in meeting social and material needs of its community as such needs are discovered through its calling and discipling ministries.
- (7) To promote extension projects carried on by the local church.