From Wesleyan Discipline
2610. A mission unit may be advanced to the status of an Established National/Regional Conference by the authority of the North American General Conference (6515:2; 6745:11) when it meets the following requirements:
- (1) An effective church organization on the local, district, and/or national/ regional levels.
- (2) Effective programs for the nurture and training of members, new converts, children, young people, and lay workers.
- (3) An effective program for ministerial training.
- (4) Evidence of responsible stewardship of life and possessions, including the proper management of funds and the provision for the support of its own pastors, workers, and officers.
- (5) A defined and operational program of evangelism, church planting, and cross-cultural mission outreach.
- (6) The existence of a property-holding body, or more than one such body, if required by local laws.
- (7) Agreement to adhere to the Essentials of The Wesleyan Church.
- (8) A discipline as approved by the General Board.
- (9) A recommendation for such status from the Executive Director of Global Partners.
- (10) Authorization for such status from the North American General Conference (6515:2; 6745:11).
- (11) Approval of such status by The International Conference (6745:11).