From Wesleyan Discipline
Jump to: navigation, search

3350. The district conference may list ordained ministers and others pursuing ministerial studies in keeping with these regulations:

(1) Ordained Minister on Educational Leave. An ordained minister without other appointment who enrolls in a seminary or other graduate school for advanced training for church service shall be listed as an “ordained minister on educational leave” (1240:1:D). An ordained minister so appointed shall be a voting member of the district conference (1083:1).
(2) Ministerial Student. A student engaged in full-time study in preparation for ordination, either by enrolling in the four-year or five-year ministerial or pre-ministerial course of a Wesleyan educational institution, or in an approved theological seminary or other approved graduate-level program of theological education, or by pursuing full-time study in the Ministerial Study Course Agency either by correspondence or by work in a college along with correspondence, and who meets all other qualifications (3015:1), may be granted a license and appointed by the district conference as a ministerial student (3015:1). The ministerial student shall be a nonvoting member of the district conference (1090:4).