From Wesleyan Discipline
Jump to: navigation, search

592. When any member requests a letter of withdrawal, the pastor and local church secretary shall grant it on the proper form provided in 6040. The secretary shall enter on the record book (610), opposite the member’s name, the date the letter was granted and "Withdrawn by letter of withdrawal." If the member’s request occurs during the course of a judicial investigation, the secretary shall note on the membership record, "Withdrawn under accusation," and if withdrawal occurs during the course of a hearing, "Withdrawn under charges."