54:4 “Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame.
- Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated.
You will forget the shame of your youth
- and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.
54:5 For your Maker is your husband—
- the Lord Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
- he is called the God of all the earth.
54:6 The Lord will call you back
- as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
- only to be rejected,” says your God.
54:7 “For a brief moment I abandoned you,
- but with deep compassion I will bring you back.
54:8 In a surge of anger
- I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
- I will have compassion on you,”
- says the Lord your Redeemer.